Foundation “Phoenix – 21 century”
Foundation “Phoenix – 21 century” is established in 2007. The Foundation is a non-profit organization which carries out public benefit activities for development and strengthening of education, science, culture, environmental protection, tourism and etc. Also, Foundation “Phoenix – 21 century” is a organization, which has been established with the purpose of developing, implementing and managing European projects and providing consultations in the following spheres: culture, art, tourism, ecology, education, business and etc.
The mission of the Foundation is environment and nature resources protection, conservation of natural, cultural and historical heritage, encouragement of the civil activeness in society, supporting social integration and active involvement in community life, supporting the social dialogue between civil organizations, public authorities and business in order to have a better, clean and healthy life.
The members of the Phoenix – 21 century” Foundation team have a serious experience also in providing SMEs and non-government organizations with EU project development and implementation services, with more than 10 successful projects for the last ten years.
We use individual approach for each partner and optimize solution in terms of its uniqueness. For this reason, “Phoenix – 21 century” Foundation doesn’t offer standard solutions. Our focus has always been aimed at understanding the needs of our partners and selects the best and most effective concept.
Aims of Foundation “Phoenix – 21 century”:
- To prepare conceptions and projects for improvement of economical development;
- To encourage cultural exchange;
- To assist for tourism development
- To prepare conceptions and projects for improvement of social, economic, administrative and environmental climate in Vidin district;
- To support and cooperate with other organizations having the same objectives;
- to support the development of the educational institutions, civil society, science, culture and tourism;
- to support the social integration of young people, their personal and professional development;
- actively to participate in the development of the cross border cooperation with the bordering countries and from the Balkan region;
- to encourage, support and help the institutional building and development of the local, regional and national structures with capacity to work under European programmes and projects;
- organizes and helps in the organization of public events like trainings, seminars, study visits, exhibitions, trade fairs etc.
Taking into consideration the objective implementation Foundation “Phoenix – 21 century”:
- Organizes training courses, workshops, public discussions, roundtables, surveys and workshops to promote the principles of European integration and harmonization, and contemporary economic and social conditions;
- Implements programs and projects funded by European, international and national funds and other sources in connection with their business;
- Develop printed materials:
- Contacts other foundation, associations or institutions;
- Collaborates with local, national and international organizations;
- Has the objective for the development and implementation of national and international projects;
- Promotion of the Civil Society Development;
ARoTT – Romanian Association for Technology Transfer and Innovation
is a professional organization of technological transfer and innovation profile units, a non-governmental and non-profit organization.
- Promoting and protecting business environment of technological transfer entities (incubators, parks, etc) and innovative business from Romania,
- Promote professional interest of members,
- Strengthening professional authority of entities and their social prestige,
- Increased competitively by reinforcing technological and innovation base.
- Promote and protect professional and commercial interest of members.
- Organize and promote professional and commercial contacts of entities from same activity domain.
- Elaborate and promote legislative initiatives for members and facilitate members access to governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Organize and ensure support for collaboration between members.
- Assistance and promote of individual, common or third person projects.
- Competitive industry thru:
- Promote economical competitively concept thru R&D and Innovation.
- Promote ethical conduct foot members;
- Promote quality in members activity.
- Promote durable development concept for/thru members activity.
- Stimulate and promote innovative activities, protect technical and intellectual rights.
- Promote industry image inside and outside of country.
- Ensure competitive informational flux and non-discriminatory dissemination of data for members.
- Perform technological transfer activities, research-development, studies and strategy development, creating databases, centralize information’s and ensure non-discriminatory access of members.
- Promote and participate at informational and knowledge society implementation from Romania.
- Organize improving actions inside/outside of country for members benefit.
- Organize events and programs for young people in order to promote Informational Society and Knowledge Society.
- Association demonstrate representative and advisory character thru:
- Represent and sustain professional, commercial or group interest of members in front of governmental or non-governmental organization/institutions from our country or foreign countries;
- Study elaboration, information sharing, specialty consulting for members or third persons\;
- Propose to legal organization promoting of normative documents for members;
- Initiate meetings and professional contacts.
Object of activity
ARoTT has 43 members (Universities, R&D Centers, TT Centers, Chamber of Commerce and Industry), 18 innovation projects, 24 cross-border and 5 formation projects. ARoTT implement as LP 2 projects which directly addressed to the tourism development sector on the Ro-Bg cross border area: Cross border thematic tourism – opportunity for development and promotion of the identity region Dolj, Olt, Mehedinti, Vidin, Montana, Vraca, Pleven”, MIS ETC 663 and “Wine way”, MIS ETC 199. The 2 project realized 2 tourism products that contributed to the increasing of the visibility of the Ro-Bg cross border area at European level. Also, ARoTT implement on the period on period 02.02.2016-01.02.2018 under INTERREG VA Romania Bulgaria the project “Risk Management for Large Scale Infrastructures in the Romanian Bulgarian cross border area” with aim to increase the local public awareness regarding
Association “Regional partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” (RPSD – Vidin)
Mission of the association “Regional Partnership for Sustainable Development-Vidin”
Mission of the association “Regional Partnership for Sustainable Development-Vidin”
is to inhance and support social and economic development through initiatives which endorse the european polices and practices.
The goals of the association “Regional Partnership for Sustainable Development-Vidin” are to support the local, regional and national authorities and the society as a whole in applying of the european practices in the territorial coopeartion, interregional and international cooperation through development and implemenation of initiatives and projects in the following spheres:
– Business development, incl. economic analysis, organzing business forums and meetings
– Promotion of cultural and hystorical heritage and its sustainable management
– Environmental initiatives in biodiversity protection, access to environmental information, sustainable management of natural resources
-Development of eco and rural tourism
-Defending of human rights of citizens, incl. minorities.
– Informational, educational and sport projects.
Association “Regional Partnerships for Sustainable Development –Vidin” organization has over 15 years extensive experience in development and implementation of projects under European programmes, starting with PHARE Program, Operational programs in period 2007 – 2013 and INTERREG V-A Romania – Bulgaria and IPA CBC Bulgaria – Serbia cross-border programmes as leading beneficiary, partnering organization, securing experts under technical assistance contracts under operational programs. The main experience is accumulated under project promoting soft measures as trainings in arts and crafts, tourism development, organizing workshops and seminars, exhibitions and dance performances, as well as securing experts in field of regional development, environment and tourism development.
Experience of the NGO starts with implementation of the projects under Phare program:
- Project “Social Inclusion beyond the stereotypes”, Phare programme/JSPF Bulgaria –Serbia, 2007, Leading organization. Aim and main activities: The basic object of the project is strengthening of the process of inclusion to the vulnerable groups, as the Roma youths in the trans-boundary region
- Project ”Improving the environmental conditions for tourism development along the Danube River“. Goal of the project is reducing the pollution of Danube river and applying concrete measure for development of tourism along the river..
- Project “Tourist trail “West Balkan” – ecotourism in benefit for the people and nature“. The project objectives are: development of interpretative program along the tourist route West Balkan for the most significant species and habitats; developing local capacity for the interpretation of the biodiversity and organization of the ecotourism product and marketing and promotion of the ecotourist product, the route and the biodiversity of the region of Vidin, Vratza and Montana.
With the start of Program period 2007 – 2013 and new Operational programs, RPSD – Vidin implemented successful projects as Lead partner or Partner mainly under Cross-Border Cooperation Programme Romania-Bulgaria.
- Project 1-3.3-1 “E-79 Cultural Corridor between Bulgaria and Romania” Miss ETC code 38. The project is funded by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund Programme CBC Romania – Bulgaria 2007-2013. Implementation period of the project: 30.04.2010-30.04.2011. Project “E-79 – cultural corridor between Romania and Bulgaria” is implemented on the territory of Vidin in Bulgaria and Dolj county in Romania in partnership with Local Employers’ Association of Small and Medium enterprises (PLIMM – Calafat), Romania. The main objective of the project was to promote cross-border cooperation between people and communities by strengthening the social and cultural exchanges.
- Project № 2 (2i) -3.3-5 “Fostering sport by building bridges between youth”, MIS ETC Code 644. The project is funded by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund Programme CBC Romania – Bulgaria 2007 -2013. Implementation period of the project: 09.12.2010-08.12.2011. The project “Fostering sport by building bridges between youth” aimed primarily at promoting cross-border cooperation in the field of cultural and sports exchanges for the development of water sports and increasing the attractiveness of water sports. The project runs for 12 months from the Association “Regional Partnerships for Sustainable Development – Vidin” in partnership with Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (Calafat, Romania), the sports school “Traian Lalesku” (Orsova, Romania) and Sport Club “Vanto” (Vidin, Bulgaria).
- Project 2 (2i)-3.1-14 “Cross-border thematic tourism – opportunities for development and promotion of identity Dolj, Olt, Mehedinti, Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven”, MIS ETC Code 663. The project is funded by the European Union through European Fund for Regional Development Programme CBC Romania – Bulgaria 2007-2013. Implementation period of the project: 22.09.2010-22.03.2012. The project is implemented under Priority Axis 3 – Socio-Economic Development Area of Intervention 3.1 – Support for cross-border cooperation in the field of business and promotion of the identity of regions. Lead partner of the project is: The Romanian Association for Technology Transfer and Innovation (ARoTT) – Craiova in partnership with: Partner 2: Cross-Border Association E (Equilibrium) Environment (ATeE) – Romania; Partner 3: Foundation Perpetuum Mobile – Pleven, Bulgaria; Partner 4: Association Regional Partnership for Sustainable Development – Vidin, Bulgaria. Aim of the project was to support for sustainable development of the border area Dolj, Olt, Mehedinti, Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven by identifying opportunities for tourism in all regions.
- Project 2(4i)–3.1.-5 „Cross-border strategic partnership for sustainable tourism in South-west and Northwest regions of lower Danube”, MIS ETC CODE 557. The project is funded by the European Union through European Fund for Regional Development Programme CBC Romania – Bulgaria 2007-2013. Implementation period of the project: 14.06.2013-14.12.2014. The project is implemented by Association “Regional Partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” as partner and the organizations Cross Border Association E(quilibrum) Environment (C.B.A.E.E) – lead partner and the partners: ARIES-Oltenia, ARDBC-2000 Montana and Perpetum Mobile – Pleven. General objective of the project was influencing a sustainable economic and social development process in South-west and North-West of the Danube through initiatives and strategic actions for cooperation of the main actors, aiming to the implementation of a sustainable tourism, through the promoting and valorisation in a partnership of the natural tourist and cultural and historic potential. Target areas of the project were: counties of Mehedinţi, Olt, Dolj (Romania) and the districts of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven (Bulgaria).
- Project “Valorisation of authentic culture for cross-border tourism”, project code 15.2.1.057, ROBG-13, financed by the Interreg V-A Romania-Bulgaria Programme. The project is implemented by Association “Regional Partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” as lead beneficiary and the organizations: ARIES-Oltenia and ARDBC-2000 Montana The main objective of the project is to discover and promote the authentic culture in the cross-border area of Vidin and Montana districts and Dolj county and to create a new tourism product by using the cultural heritage of the target region.
- Project “IMPACT”, “Integrated Multimedia Platform for Active Culture and Tourism”, project code 15.2.1.056, ROBG-12, financed by the Interreg V-A Romania-Bulgaria Programme. The project is implemented by Association “Regional Partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” as lead beneficiary and the organizations: Ruse – Free Spirit City Municipal Foundation, Lom Municipality, ALEXIS PROJECT ASSOCIATION FILIASI. IMPACT project aims to promote the CBC area as an attractive tourist destination on the basis of sustainable use of natural and cultural resources through innovative and interactive IT solutions for provision of tourist services
- Project “Plums For Junk” project code 15.2.1.054, ROBG-11, financed by the Interreg V-A Romania-Bulgaria Programme. The project is implemented by Association “Regional Partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” as beneficiary and the organizations: Foundation “Phoenix – 21 century”, Vidin and PRO Mehedinti Association. The main objective of the project is to inform the population of the target area about the wild life in the protected areas and engage the people in concrete actions for protection of the environment in towns and Natura 2000 protected areas
- Project “6 reasons” project code 15.2.1.057, ROBG-5, financed by the Interreg V-A Romania-Bulgaria Programme. The project is implemented by Association “Regional Partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” as beneficiary and the organization PRO Mehedinti Association.
- The contribution to the economic, social and cultural sustainable development of the Mehedinti-Vidin CBC area by means of joint actions focused on the touristic infrastructure, respectively the common design of key tourism products and services based on the natural and cultural heritage.
- Raising the relevant communities awareness concerning the Mehedinti-Vidin area’s cultural and natural heritage riches aiming at present appreciation and future preservation.
- The establishment of a solid and lasting partnership between Mehedinti county and Vidin region as an instrument of sustainable Romanian-Bulgarian crossborder cooperation aiming at overcoming the physical and socio-cultural barriers and at a better attainment of the opportunities intrinsically generated.
- Project “AD-Vision”, project code CB007.1.12.084, co-funded by EU through the Interreg-IPA CBC Bulgaria–Serbia Programme The project is implemented by Association “Regional partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” (RPSD – Vidin) as lead partner in partnership with 1.Soul of the Balkans; 2.Association “Authentic Bulgaria”; 3.Tourist Organization of the Municipality of Knjazevac in the period 14.12.2017-13.12.2018. Тhe project’s general objective is to enhance the capacity for sustainable tourism development of the border destination of Stara Planina. Specific objectives are: effective mechanisms for sustainable tourism planning to ensure balanced strategic approach in the multi-stakeholder process of integrating tourism activities; appropriate levels of management and marketing capacity so as to match development with market trends; maximize the percentage ot total trip cost remaining within the local economy by strengthening the cross-border destination supply chain.
- Project “Living human treasures”, project code ROBG-358, financed by the Interreg V-A Romania-Bulgaria Programme. Implementation period: 01.08.2018-31.01.2020. The project is implemented by Association “Regional partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” (RPSD – Vidin) as lead partner in partnership with Cross Border Association E(quilibrum) Environment (C.B.A.E.E) and “Regional Development Agency and Business Center 2000” ‘RDA&BC 2000” The overall objective of the project is to promote local authentic culture in the field of authentic dances, singing and typical culinary and through organization and coordination of culture events to provide professional tourism offer ready for sale from touroperators and use of individual tourists. Our project will establish 3 cross-border traveling folklore festivals in the 3 districts, organize a nationwide cross-border fair for authentic folklore and coordinate a continuous offer of local stakeholders, shaped in the form of cross-border tourism products that will attract at least 2000 tourists in the region for trips over 1 day!
- Project “RROMA TREASURES”, code ROBG-410, financed by the Interreg V-A Romania-Bulgaria Programme. Implementation period: 01.09.2018-29.02.2020. The project is implemented by Association “Regional partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” (RPSD – Vidin) as beneficiary in partnership with Cross Border Association E(quilibrum) Environment (C.B.A.E.E) and “Regional Development Agency and Business Center 2000” ‘RDA&BC 2000” The overall objective of the project is to improve the sustainable use of cultural heritage through valorisation of the traditional Rroma culture in touristic products. Through “Discover Rroma treasures!” the studies which will present the main branches of Rroma culture and the specific characteristics of each branch will be elaborated. The information from studies will be used for the elaboration of the common strategy „Valorisation of Rroma culture from cross border area in touristic products”which will identify the common routes in project area (Dolj and Mehedinti counties in Romania and Vidin, Montana districts in Bulgaria) for Rroma culture and will propose methods for valorisation of these traditional “treasures”..In this regard, other touristic events will be ”build” on these routes. : 4 Rroma Culture Festivals ”Enjoy the Rroma culture ”, 2 Cross border Caravans ”Discover Rroma treasures!”, 4 workshops ”Learn about the Rroma culture”
- Project “Tourism +55”, code ROBG-436, financed by the Interreg V-A Romania-Bulgaria Programme. Implementation period: 01.09.2018-29.02.2020. The project is implemented by Association “Regional partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” (RPSD – Vidin) as beneficiary in partnership with Foundation “Phoenix – 21 century” and Romanian Association for Technology Transfer and Innovation ARoTT. Project overall objective is to initiate development of tourism product designed for tourists aged 55+ in low season and set basis for promotion of such tourism product.The partners will prepare conditions and implement pilot for development of tourism product targeting tourists aged 55+, will facilitate promotion of tourism product and will improve capacity of stakeholders in the sphere of senior tourism.