About the project
Foundation “Phoenix – 21 century” – Vidin implements the project „Friendly destinations for seniors + 55“, which aims to contribute to the development of tourism and to improve the sustainable use of the natural and cultural resources in the cross-border region Romania-Bulgaria.
Foundation “Phoenix – 21 century” implements the project in partnership with the Romanian Asociatia for Technology Transfer and Innovation – AroTT and Association “Regional partnership for sustainavle development– Vidin – PRSD – Vidin.
The project is launched in the beginning of september 2018 and is expected to be completed in February 2020.
The overall project value is 453 259,45 euro, distributed among the partners as follows:
- Foundation “Phoenix – 21 century” – EUR 162 266,46;
- Romanian Asociatia for Technology Transfer and Innovation – AroTT – EUR 139972,96;
- Association “Regional partnership for sustainavle development– Vidin – PRSD – Vidin – EUR 151,020.03
The idea of the project is the development of a new cross-border tourist product for seniors + 55 in weak seasons.
The new tourist product is expected to attract more foreign tourists and to increase the number of overnight stays in the cross-border area, covering Vidin and Montana districts in Bulgaria and Dolj county in Romania.
Main objective of the project
Creating a new tourist product with the participation of all stakeholders in the development of tourism in the cross-border region as well as increasing the share of tourists in the region.
Representatives of companies and NGOs working in the field of tourism from the cross-border region Romania-Bulgaria; accommodation places; tour operators and travel agents; dining and entertainment; local authorities; tourists; the population of the region of Vidin and Montana, Bulgaria and Dolj county, Romania.
The following activities are foreseen within the project
- Project management;
- Development of Needs assessment analysis on senior tourists preferences;
- Development of Study on senior tourists development in Bulgaria and Romania;
- Development of strategy for development of senior tourism for business, public and civil sector;
- Organization of Workshop in Vidin district with stakeholders;
- Pilot testing of new product for senior tourists;
- Promotional campaign;
- Development of web senior friendly porta;l
- Elaboration and installation of 60 Smartpoints;
- Demo tour for promotion of new developed touristic product for seniors;
- Organization of Final Promotional conferences;
- Media campaign;
The results we expect to achieve
- Developed a New joint tourism product for senior tourists + 55
- Increase in number of overnight stays in the cross-border region
- Network for the promotion of the construction product
- Developed and functioning web portal for promotion of the new joint product for яехсди tourists + 55
- Prepared and installed 60 Smartpoints containing useful tourist information for tourists + 55
- Elaborated and broadcast on national tourist channels of Two films and six TV spots for promotion of the new joint product for senior tourists + 55
- Enhanced capacity of stakeholders in providing services to senior tourists +55